Members of the Jacob Sheep Society join for many reasons. Many are keepers of Jacob sheep who wish to register and sell stock as pedigree registered through private or society sales. Other members keep a few Jacobs for the pleasure they bring and as effective paddock grazers. Some Members are knitters, spinners and craft workers who find it useful to keep in touch with local members who supply fleeces. Some just enjoy the closer contact membership brings with this unique breed of sheep. Benefits of membership include:
- Access to a great source of Jacob related information
- Contact with other local members who can provide a valuable source of practical advice, especially for the novice shepherd
- Contact with our National Field Officer who provides guidance to members on the breed standard
- Regional newsletters
- Access to informative and enjoyable regional open days & AGMs, an annual national AGM, farm visits & on-farm flock assessments as well as other competitions & activities
- Members can enter handcrafted woollen items into the The Wool Cup & Aileen Kennedy Trophy, held annually at the national AGM
- Registration of a flock prefix in the name of your choice
- Registration of stock in the flock book, allowing you to sell breeding stock in the Society’s regional approved and National Official pedigree sales, and enhancing the value of your stock
- Showing your sheep in official Jacob classes at agricultural shows
- The Jacob Journal, published three times each year & delivered to your home. A taster issue of the Journal can be found below.
There are no reviews yet.